Wednesday 15 March 2017

Chickpea-free hummus!

So this recipe was one of those lucky mistakes that I often make when experimenting in the kitchen! I was trying to make a tahini dressing for an aubergine salad bowl but when I didn't add enough lemon juice and water I came up with this AMAZINGly creamy hummus-like dip. I honestly couldn't get enough of it. I fear I now may have it every day for the next two weeks until I OD.

It's so simple and quick to make and you can make a big batch and keep in the fridge for a few days (yeh right ;-)).

Creamy as anything
Ingredients: Serves 1-2

2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed puree)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 cloves of roast or marinated garlic (I used Cypressa chilli Sicilian style) - if using raw, use 1/2 clove
Splash of olive oil (I used the chilli oil from the jar of garlic)
1 tsp honey or maple syrup
Pinch of chilli flakes (optional!)
1 tbsp miso paste
Black pepper to taste
1/4 cup of hot water (more if you want to make it more of a salad dressing vs a dip)

Method:

Blitz everything in your food processor/blender until smooth!





No comments:

Post a Comment