Thursday 7 June 2018

Beetroot, courgette and miso spirals with a cheeky fried 🍳

On the rare occasions that I'm at home for lunch and not rushing from client to client I like to experiment with all the random things I find in my fridge (and pretend I'm on Ready Steady Cook).
This was me wanting a healthy salad that wasn't spinach yet again so I dusted off my spiraliser (I know, it's a bit 2016) and zoodle-ified some courgette and beetroot. Whipped up a quick miso dressing and none of my salads are complete without an egg on top - this one was fried in a bit of coconut oil. Sorted.

Ingredients:

1 medium raw beetroot, peeled with ends sliced off
1/2 large courgette
1 tsp miso paste
2 tbsp lime juice
pinch of fresh chilli (optional).
1/2 tsp honey or syrup
black pepper
One large egg
2 tsp coconut oil
Coriander, parsley or mint (big handful chopped)

Method:

Spiralize the beetroot and courgette. If you've not got a spiralizer you can use the mandolin slicer on a grater (watch your fingers) or just your grater.
To make the dressing, mix the miso with a little water, the lime juice, honey, 1 tsp melted coconut oil, chilli and pepper.
Fry the courgette in the remaining coconut oil. Assemble the veg with the herbs and dressing and top with your egg. Ta da!



No comments:

Post a Comment