Thursday 30 May 2013

Best tastes in Antibes today!

Today I tried my first local Pissaladiere and it was fabulous! I bought it from a boulangerie tucked away in one of the beautiful vieux vielle streets (and it seems to only be open a few days a week which makes it more intriguing!). The owner told me that their Pissaladiere (a kind of pizza topped with caramelized onion, anchovies and olives) goes back three generations and is their speciality. It certainly didn't disappoint.




I also tried some very cute mini 'croissant aux pignons' (pine nuts) which are apparently another speciality of the region. Not the traditional croissants, but a sweet, dense, almondy sweet-like treat.

Now for slightly more virtuous foodie find - Michel Montignac jam! It uses apple concentrate rather than sugar. A bit like the St Dalfour kind you can get in the UK.

The GI guru (although I've just found out in France it's IG (Index Glycemique of course) Michel Montignac was one of the first to use GI for weight loss. www.montignac.com and someone who's principles I promote (when I'm not eating Pissaladiere and croissants - I don't think they're allowed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment