Monday 6 May 2013

l'aventure commence français


Bonjour et bienvenue!

So, it's day 4 of my French adventure and I'm just about 'trouver mes pieds'. Antibes is beautiful and I'm loving exploring the cute little alleys, coffee shops and local sights (there is a Mango...whoop).  My over-enthusiasm for French supermarches has also come out in full force and I think the security man in Monoprix is wondering why the strange English girl comes in looking so happy every day! (though I did have a little very English strop out of Carrefour today when nothing was happening very quickly at all).

Here are a few of the foodie finds that made me smile (many of which reminded me of summer camping trips and holidays to gites in Normandy)


You can't beat Bonne Maman jam on French toasts
Courgettes rondes - apparently a traditional recipe is to stuff them and roast with a mix of onion, anchovies, egg, parmesan and a little bread. Yum!
I don't usually get excited about tomatoes but...how pretty!

Good to see I can get Agave syrup for my porridge




Seriously? Crustless bread! In the land renowned for baguettes?! Disappointing.
My favourite find has to be ready-made galettes (buckwheat pancakes) - so now I can have them every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner (if I wanted to, not that I would of course..) 

I'll be back soon with some new French recipes and tales of my vie en France!


No comments:

Post a Comment